Senior DevOps Engineer
One of Silicon Valley's top startups is hiring a Senior DevOps Engineer with strong automation skills in their San Mateo headquarters. This ambitious late stage startup works on high speed content delivery and is heavily backed by top tier VC’s. If you have experience building and supporting high availability SaaS operations, enjoy automation, and believe in DevOps as a culture, this is for you.
You will be embedded in engineering scrum teams helping to solve challenging problems around scaling and growth in their geographically distributed infrastructure. If you are looking for an opportunity where you can wear multiple hats and be part of one of the most promising startups, apply now!
Required Skills & Experience
- Extensive knowledge of Linux Systems (Ubuntu/CentOS).
- Strong Automation & Configuration management (Puppet/Ansible preferred).
- Scripting expertise in Python or similar OOL (Java/C++ would be a plus).
- Experience with NginX or Apache webservers.
- Solid comprehension of internet protocols (HTTP etc.)
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Understanding of networking concepts (HTTP, TCP, DNS, etc.)
- Hands on working knowledge with HAProxy or other open source load-balancing tools.
- Prior record of supporting highly available cloud sites
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- Generous Equity
- Flexible PTO
- Great health coverage
- Ability to learn new skills
- Start-up culture