Senior SCADA Software Engineer
A leading provider of energy control software, this company’s goal is to create a cleaner and more efficient energy infrastructure. This new hire will have the chance to assist in leading the development of software specifications for specific projects and customers. This person will be a crucial member of the software engineering team.
Required Skills & Experience
- Member of the core product team, there will be a major focus on coding, converting, maintaining and optimizing SCADA protocol implementations in their platform.
- Responsible for the SCADA components of devise communication and power plant control.
- Be involved in company discussions about product road map planning and technology evaluations.
- Extensive knowledge of Ethernet and TCP/IP based network.
- Expert knowledge and working experience with at least 2 of the following: Modbus, DNP3, CAN, OPC, EtherCAT, Profibus, IEC60870 and IEC 61850.
- Experience using Java as the main programming language.
- Knowledgeable in socket API and multi-thread coding.
- Comfortable in a Linux environment.
- Basic knowledge of serial communication.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Understanding of PKI-based network securities such as IP Sec and SSL
- Power and energy industry experience
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary and leadership position with significant upside in your career path as we are growing very fast.
- Stock options in a rapidly growing company.
- Dynamic, technology centric working environment within a very focused team.
- Opportunity to lead the development of real world applications with lasting impacts on green energy and smart grid industry.
- 401k with company match, full medical benefits, flexible work-life balance and generous PTO.