Mid-Senior Full Stack Django Developer â GIS, AWS, NoSQL
A Center City civic technology firm is hiring immediately for a Senior Software Engineer with extensive Python/Django or other MVC Pair-driven experience to continue in their public service mission to use geospatial data to build software and data analytics for the community. By working in coordination with the other software teams, the particular team that is hiring works on a few different projects relating to the digital footprint, forestry in the urban environment, and its primary goal is the continued buildout and the support of their open source SaaS product that is sold and used heavily by different state and governmental organizations around the country for tracking green storm-water infrastructure and reciprocally the effect it has on the environment.
If you’re a solid developer that has a true passion for helping the community and making a positive impact, there’s a good chance that you’ll be an awesome fit in an environment where a culture fit means more than your actual technical skills but also where you won’t find anyone but the most solid talent, if you catch my drift. If you believe you might be the person that fits, than apply and find out!
Required Skills & Experience
- Linux Focus
- Building and supporting large-scale web apps with Python/Django
- Strong quantitative background and skillset
- Experience or background in analytical field and use of R programming language
- Experience using Python to automate scripts for repetitive tasks
- Highly preferred to have Machine Learning experience (Random Forest, Naïve Bayes, SVM)
- Database experience with SQL
- Experience scaling applications with AWS
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience within Computer Science and Software Development, strong plus
- Working within a team environment and utilizing source code management tools (Git, SVN, etc)
- Experience programming in multiple languages (Java, Ruby, PHP, Scala, Haskell, etc)
Benefits & Perks
- Full Medical and Dental coverage
- Commuter Benefits
- Two Weeks PTO and more!