Senior/Lead Java Developer
Located in downtown Toronto, our clients are looking to transform the medical industry in finding cure for several diseases and providing easy access to drugs to those in need. The team recently released a government approved medical device application and are gearing up for more compelling health applications and patient experiences. They are looking to hire a Senior/Java team Lead with experience in Java 8, Spring MVC and Hibernate. The ideal candidate can earn up to $150,000 with the opportunity to gain a year-end bonus and other perks and benefits.
The candidate should be experienced in building from scratch, leading a team of 5+ developers, continuous integration, unit testing, build & packaging, etc. As well as evolving the backend architecture with senior members of your team. Apply now if you want to make a difference!
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of Java development experience using Java 8, Spring, Struts, Hibernate
- Extensive knowledge in producing with Websphere, Weblogic or JBoss
- 1+ year of being in a team lead or leadership role
- Ability to collaborate with other technical experts and develop solution and functional design documents to support development of final solutions.
- Proven ability to partner with quality assurance teams to develop and execute automated testing scenarios to support end-user and performance-based testing.
- Experience in developing with Oracle database
Desired Skills & Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Pay and Benefits Package
- Matching RRSP options
- Equity Options
- Year-end Bonus
- Weekly lunches and dinner on days over core hours