Senior Java Lead Engineer
A Software Solutions Company located in Toronto is looking to add a Senior Java lead Engineer with 8+ years of experience to their team. This developer will be joining a team that is well seasoned and talented in all aspects of development. One of your major responsibilities are to lead and support those developers below you. As a leader on the team, you will be reporting directly to the CTO of the company.
You will also be doing hands on work on top of the leadership responsibilities. The role will require you to be 70% hands-on and 30% leading which means the ideal candidate should have adequate production experience with Java, spring, struts, hibernate, JSF and some front end production with JSP and Angular as well as being strong with object orientated platforms. This will be a contract to hire role, which means the ideal candidate can earn up to $85 an hour.
Required Skills & Experience
- 8+ years of Java experience
- Expertise with frameworks like Spring, Struts and Hibernate
- Strong knowledge of JSF and JSP
- Knowledge of REST and/or SOAP webserivces
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science
Desired Skills & Experience
- Light experience with Angular is an asset (8 months+)
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible rate
- Possibility of converting hourly rate to Salary
- 3 month contract before converting to a permanent position
- Competitive Pay and Benefits Structure once it becomes full time