Senior Big Data Engineer
Our client is a tech start-up in Sunnyvale working to release their flagship product to help with scaling and distribution of data. As the Senior Big Data Engineer you will be required to architect highly scalable distributed systems to help see our product to the finish line.
You will be working with a team and by yourself so communication skills and being able to stay motivated while being independent is a major plus. The company is rapidly growing so there is plenty of room to move up.
Required Skills & Experience
- 8+ years experience in software engineering
- 6+ years experience with Java
- Professional experience with Hadoop
- Strong knowledge of NoSQL databases
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related fields
Desired Skills & Experience
- Professional experience with Kafka or Scala
- Experience building data pipelines
What You Will Be Doing
- 40% Java
- 35% Hadoop
- 25% NoSQL
- 100% hands on
- Competitive Salary: Up to $180000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Full Benefits
- Company Lunches
- Dog Friendly Office
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.