Senior Data Scientist
Our client is a B2B IoT start-up in Sunnyvale using cutting edge technology to work on their flagship product for cargo shipping software. The role is for a Senior Data Scientist and will involve data engineering such as data pipelines and building dashboards etc. There will be light coding but heavy on the machine learning. There’s already a Junior Data Scientist using python and R, so knowing either is a plus as well as knowing spark or scala and being able to use predictive modeling. You will also perform some product manager duties since you will be making business decisions based on the data coming back from these ships to monitor things like equipment performance, maintenance, fuel projections and you’ll have input on the product as a whole.
It’s a small office with about 15 people, but they offer a lot of equity and fully paid health insurance. They have $10 million in series A funding and they are working on closing series B. Their product is currently being used by 4 customers with 396 in line so there is a lot of scalability.
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years Data Science and Machine Learning experience
- 4+ years of project lead experience
- Big Data, Cloud, or AI experience
- Experience with Linear Models, Neural Networks, Decision Trees, and Predictive Analytics
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or related field
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with distributed computing, such as Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Experience with Python or R
- Experience with machine learning frameworks
What You Will Be Doing
- 40% distributed computing
- 20% R or python
- 40% Machine Learning, NLP, and Big Data
- 60% management
- 40% hands on
- Motivate and lead team members and keep senior management informed of progress.
- Lead in logistics, coordination, coaching, mentoring, planning, delivery, and operations.
- Competitive Salary: Up to $180,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Fully paid health insurance
- Large equity opportunity
- Relaxed office enviroment
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.