Senior Java Developer (Contract)
Our client, a platform solutions company along the peninsula is looking to add a Senior Java Developer to drive the development of their latest product. They've been around for almost a decade, growing into a staple of the Silicon Valley. The team you'll be joining is creating a software management platform that allows teams of all sizes to create a tech stack playlist, which allows them to manage, add, integrate and update all of their tools, databases, and libraries, new and existing into one optimal interface.
The ideal candidate must have a strong background in Java and working with NoSQL databases. The team's tech stack also includes Spring, Hibernate, Scala, Go, Python, and Django; so any relevant experience with these tools will put you ahead of the pack.One project you'll be working on deals with integrating already made tech stacks off StackShare.io which is a feature their adamant about getting done. The team would like someone who has been part a start-up culture or is excited by the opportunity to become a part of something that's growing and will be around for decades to come. If you are a developer who wants to take on challenging, new, and exciting projects, at one of the most exciting start-ups in the Valley, apply now to find out more on the role.
Required Skills & Experience
- 6+ years of Software Development experience
- Strong Java experience
- Familiarity with open-source server-side tools and frameworks like Spring and Hibernate
- Experience with NoSQL and non-relational databases.
- Experience building and architecting micro-services
- Experience working in a stable start-up environment
- At least a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or any relevant subject
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with either GoLang, Python, or Scala is a plus.
- Cloud deployment experience
- Experience working on projects solo
- Experienced a full-cycle development from scratch.
What You Will Be Doing
- 30% Java
- 30% NoSQL
- 20% Spring
- 20% Hibernate
- 70% Hands On
- 30% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Pay: Up to $80/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 9 – 12 Months
- Opportunity to join a successful and stable start-up
- Opportunity to work on new and important projects
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.