Windows Messaging Expert (Enterprise Level AD Master) 6 Month Contract
Can you handle 1000’s of AD mailboxes like a Mailman Superhero? Are you familiar with Schema AD? Then Please apply. This Fortune 100 Company is looking for a Windows Messaging Engineer with Enterprise Experience. They are a Finance driven organization with a modern tech stack with a global presence.
If you’re a systems admin or engineer with a focus on building, securing and operating the core of IT then this role is for you. Currently they need an engineer with a strong understanding of AGILE and ITIL workflows as well as philosophies.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience as Systems Engineer
- Primary focus will be supporting Enterprise Corporate Messaging environment including Ironport. Secondary focus will be supporting the Active Directory and Shared Services environment – e.g. OpenDNS, Branch Office Hosting servers, DHCP, Nutanix, VMWare, File Share Services, Print Services, Skyport, System Center Suite, Distribution List Manager, IP Address Management, etc.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and support of all Messaging Platforms.
- Ensure thorough testing of solutions for functionality and compatibility.
- Provide capacity planning and performance monitoring to sustain and improve mobility service availability.
- Require someone with AGILE and ITIL workflows and philosophies.
- Coordinate service/support needs with vendors, application support teams, and internal teams through effective partnership, collaboration and communication.
- Provide change request leadership for the deployment of application or infrastructure related changes.
- Provide Level 3 support for Microsoft Exchange and Outlook for end users, application and administration teams
- You must be comfortable in addressing critical incidents
- Participate in application troubleshooting and incident problem resolution with other infrastructure teams, including application, storage, network, and data center teams
- Represent the team in change, incident and problem management calls and manage request queues
- Maintain and define hardware, software, and configuration standards (Operational Runbooks and Playbooks)
- Partner with other Product Infrastructure teams to apply standards and policies relevant to operational excellence
- Develop workflows, process and automation procedures
- Proactively identify gaps, risks and issues and escalate to management accordingly
- Participate in on-call rotation (24/7 support for 1 week, on a 9 week cycle.)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Microsoft Exchange Architecture and Administration (7-10 years)
- Experience administering messaging in a medium/large enterprise environment (8,000+ users)
- B. S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience with Messaging Gateway/Hygiene Products - e.g. Cisco Ironports, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2016 and Exchange Online
- Must have advanced knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Experience in IT infrastructure services: SMTP, DNS, MX records, AD Trust Relationships, and TCP/IP
- Must have email migration experience
- Must have PowerShell and .NET advanced scripting capabilities
- Ability to establish best practices for monitoring and forecasting of system/application capacity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in presenting to both technical and management teams.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Able to lead technical meetings and discussions.
- Capable of effectively managing relationships with internal and external partners.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Maintenance with the following technologies:
- Active Directory
- New Users
- 100% Hands On
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.