This start-up has built a Backbone.js based frontend platform for virtual communities that are built around things you love. These virtual communities put you in direct contact with others who share the same beliefs, ideas, and passions. Whether it’s through their web platform or mobile application (iOS & Android) these communities are accessed with ease. From creating new communities, post’s within a community, sharing art, movements, opinions, or just heated debates. Through these communities and activity within, you create and build your own identity and reputation.
We are building a platform for millions of users, which requires highly scalable software that can handle large amounts of data. PHP is the main server technology, however in this agile environment Python is used as well.
- Collaborate with system administrators to gain a deep understanding of the architecture in order to write highly scalable software.
- Understanding of the latest NoSQL technologies.
- Work well in a modern software engineering environment (with source code control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment), as well as extensive testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math or related discipline, or equivalent industry experience.
- Over 5 years of professional PHP development experience.