Sr. DevOps Engineer (AWS, Linux)
An enterprising online education company in the West Loop of Chicago is looking to bring on a Sr. DevOps Engineer. This person would build and maintain reliable infrastructure and security services in AWS, and use native AWS infrastructure services such as EC2, EBS, Cloudwatch, etc. They will also become proficient in understanding how each software component, system design and configuration is linked together to form an end-to-end solution.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience as a DevOps/Sys Engineer in a production capacity
- Strong understanding of Linux, Automation Tools (Chef or Puppet), AWS Services, and Scripting languages
- Familiarity with version control systems (svn, Git, etc.)
- Experience with network concepts including TCP/IP, HTTP and TLS
- Knowledge of security concepts such as (cloud) Authentication, Authorization, web attacks, environment security, etc.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Willingness to be flexible in responding to customer issues as they occur
- Knowledge of SQl & NoSQL databases
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Benefits package
- Matching 401k
- Generous PTO