Product Design Engineer
A leading home automation has an immediate opening for a Senior Mechanical Product Design Engineer. In this position, you have the opportunity to join a dynamic and innovative engineering product design and development team. A successful candidate will bring their extensive knowledge of mechanical engineering and product design by using their experience to expand the design efforts of our engineering department.
In this role one would strengthen the company ability to design and engineer innovative world class new products. Lead in the intersection of industrial design and mechanical engineering. Leverage existing company design language, product architecture, manufacturing capabilities while merging new ideas and technology in each of these areas to propel innovation, and accelerate the introduction of world class new products to the company’s many markets.
Must have very strong mechanical skills, knowledge of manufacturing and materials and good appreciation of design. Also needs good communications skills and is able to help technical people understand what is being asked and when necessary how to do it. i.e. bridging the gap.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- 10 to 15 years mechanical design experience with a demonstrated ability to lead individuals and teams. Should have experience designing end user products not industrial components.
- Thorough knowledge of both mechanical engineering fundamentals and core technologies including: injection molding, strong understanding of plastics, precision manufacturing and assembly methods, stamped metal forming, machining and painting
- rapid prototyping
- Experience working cross functionally across an organization
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time
- Competitive Salary: Up to $120K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.