Lead Android Developer
This growing profitable start-up is growing their tech team to create a state of the art application in the mobile fintech space. They’re set up with excellent tools and processes to have a wonderfully effective team that operates largely in a remote fashion. In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to get the flexibility along with a competitive salary, great benefits, and the ability to still work with people you can meet in person as well.
They are currently looking for a Lead Mobile Engineer, where you will be very hands-on, ensuring high standards in architecture discussions and code reviews. You will also play a large role in providing technical leadership to your team members, working closely with other departments that include the product and design team. You would also be responsible for the planning, execution, and mentoring of 3-4 engineers.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong experience with Java programming and up to date Android SDK
- Strong knowledge of software design principles
- Experience with object oriented code bases, and the ability to learn them quickly
- Academic background in computer science or related field
- Ability to work in an evolving environment, helping develop processes and best practices for both the company and industry
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ideally, you’ve worked in a Mobile Specific Application Company, it’s not hard required though
- Exposure to iOS as well would be a plus
- Experience in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- Experience working in the fintech industry, ideally with an understanding of blockchain technology
- Any type of leadership skills – room for management growth
What You Will Be Doing
- 60% Hands On
- 20% Architecture
- 20% Leadership
- Competitive Salary: Up to $130K/year not including bonuses, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- 95% work from home opportunity
- Unlimited PTO
- Room for advancement
- Medical/ Vision/ Dental benefits
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.