DevOps Manager (Hands-on)
A software company in San Diego is looking for a fulltime DevOps Manager with mixed Systems and Network experience to lead their 5 man team as a hands-on manager looking to compensate $140-180k DOE for their hard work. They’re working with large server environments making heavy use of data to help with automation builds using Ansible, Jenkins and GIT. Light automation engineers or poor coding engineers need not apply.
This company is rolling out a new revolutionary software product line that the ideal candidate will be a heavy influential contributor of. If you’re an exceptional leader with a strong technical background and are looking to continue to grow not only as a manager but hands-on with the latest and greatest technology tool belt then apply now!
Required Skills & Experience
- 6+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer/Management of large teams.
- Experience in server environment builds/large scaling using AWS required.
- Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt for configuration management tools required.
- Experience with heavy system automation/scripting (either Python or Perl)
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools: Jenkins/Bamboo/Hudson.
- Juniper or Cisco Networking experience.
- Mixed Windows and Linux environment experience.
- Management of team’s performance, hours and hiring.
- Comfortable in a fast paced/dynamic environment where you will be self-motivated/highly autonomous and looking to build something great.
- Must have experience with networking/security at a moderate to expert level.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Containerization: Docker/ Kubernetes required.
- Load Balancers (such as HAProxy) a big plus
- Experience using Security tools in a large scale environment/Cyber security.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in IT related field.
What You Will Be Doing
- 75% automation and Data Focus:
- 25% Application monitoring and logging
- 100% Hands On
- Competitive Salary: Up to $180,000, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit