Senior Manager, AWS Engineering
A global financial company is looking to add a Senior AWS Engineering Manager in their Wilmington, DE location. As an Engineering Manager, you will provide technical guidance and leadership to the Agile teams while being hands on in Site Reliability Engineering work as needed.
The most important quality a candidate can have is a solid software development understanding. Job descriptions tend to list every technology under the sun but the most important skill to have is the ability to adapt to your environment. The main technologies used include DevOps, AWS, Kafka, CI/CD: Jenkins, and automated testing. In this role as a Senior Manager, you will provide technology leadership, guiding architectural and design decisions. You must be able to provide career coaching and support for team members to develop their technical, business and interpersonal professional skills.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering
- 3+ years developing applications embracing Agile principles
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years with large-scale infrastructure designs, implementation, and support
- 3+ years with Cloud based hosting solutions (AWS-EC2/S3, Azure, Google Cloud)
- At least 1-2 years of experience working on UNIX/LINUX platforms
- At least 1-2 years of experience with UNIX scripting (ksh) or perl
- Active AWS certification
- Manage AWS resource stack (EC2, ELB) via CloudFormation
- Strong in Ansible and scripting languages (Shell and Python at minimum)
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% AWS
- 100% Hands-On
- Competitive Pay: Up to $130k/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dental & Vision
- 401(k) w/ match
- Casual Dress Code
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Work from Home Option
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paternity and Maternity Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Gym Reimbursement
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.