Senior PostgreSQL DBA
Our client is a growing SAAS company in the healthcare space that is expanding their IT department and looking to hire a PostgreSQL DBA/Engineer to architect and manage their database environment. The ideal candidate will have experience managing databases both an on premise and in the cloud (AWS). The work environment itself is Agile and very collaborative so the ability to interact across teams is necessary. Lastly, the ideal candidate will have a strong background with PostgreSQL although they are open to a strong Oracle DBA open to learning/working with PostgreSQL as they will be migrating to that from Oracle.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 7 years experience as a PostgreSQL or Oracle DBA in a high availability environment
- Familiarity with RDBMS principles and database design
- Understanding of Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Experience with optimization, tuning, and database architecture
Desired Skills & Experience
- Cloud experience (AWS)
- Familiarity with HIPAA requirements
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Database Administration and Engineering migrating Oracle to PostgreSQL
- 75% Database administration and engineering
- 25% Database Architecture
- Competitive Salary: Up to $125,000
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Ability to help architect the database environment
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.