A company in Irvine is looking for a MySQL DBA to join their team. You will report directly to the companies Principle DBA and indirectly to their Senior Director of Tech Services allowing complete transparency on the project. This company is the premier provider of ticketing software across the NCAA which boasts 8 teams out of the PAC12.
The ideal candidate will have experience working on mySQL in a HA environment with exposure to noSQL databases. The company has plans to move to an all Cassandra environment within 3-5 years so having previous exposure will set you apart from other applicants. This is a fantastic and rapidly growing company so it would be a great time to hop aboard.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience working as a DBA or Database Support engineer on either MySQL or Oracle
- Exposure to noSQL databases (Cassandra preferred)
- Ability to work on in an environment that is Always On/High Availability
Desired Skills & Experience
- Exposure to the software development
- Exposure to Python
- Experience with Disaster Recovery, Optimization, Performance Tuning, Replication
What You Will Be Doing
- 60% MySQL
- 40% Cassandra
- 60% Database support
- 30% Cassandra administration
- 10% Planning with Principle DBA
- Competitive Salary: Up to $130K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.