Linux System Administrator
Our client is a technology company in Montgomery County that is growing and looking to hire a Linux Administrator to support clients Linux solutions. This person will be responsible for the installation, configuration, deployment and management of Linux servers, specifically RedHat. This person will be doing the day to day support as well as project based work. They will be responsible for managing and implement software upgrades, and doing server patching and upgrades. The ideal candidate will also have strong scripting experience and have the ability to create and modify scripts and applications.
This person will be joining a 6 person team and playing an important role in some upcoming projects. They are looking for someone who is a team player but can also work independently. This company offers a great path for career growth, as well as a great benefits and PTO schedule. This position is a great role for someone who is looking for a new challenge and the ability to work with diverse technologies. This position will also offer 2 days of work from home flexibility.
Required Skills & Experience
- Extensive Linux server administration (RedHat)
- Strong Virtualization Experience with VMware
- Scripting Experience with Shell, Perl, or Python
- SAN/NAS Knowledge or TSM backup
- Strong communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Cloud Exposure, AWS or Azure
- SSL Certificate Management Experience
- Automation or Configuration Management Experience (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Git Experience
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Linux server (Redhat) administration and support)
- 65% Day to Day Administration
- 35% Project Based Work
- Competitive Salary: Up to $75,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Company match 401k
- Generous PTO
- Flexible Work Hours and 2 days remote work
- Health, Dental, & Vision Benefits Package
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.