Staff Software Engineer - Back-End (Java)
Entertainment network provider and specifically, their personalized ad serving platform which is leveraged globally at massive scale, is looking to hire a Staff or Principal grade Software Architect to develop their core platform.
Technology stack includes: Java, Solr, Kafka, Cassandra, AWS cloud environment, Redis, Aerospike, Docker, gRPC, and other modern technologies.
Have huge impact in a team that values cutting-edge technologies and modern ideas.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in building software architectures that are highly-scalable, efficient, and reliant
- Expertise in Java or Scala programming
- Minimum of ten years of professional development experience
- Exposure to big data processing, streaming, and search technologies
- Exposure to data analytics infrastructure
- Understanding AWS offerings, specifically DynamoDB (preferred)
- Strong communication, ability to mentor, work independently, and advise on best practices
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience with Spark for big data analytics
- AdTech experience or on platforms with similar scale and streaming data highly preferred
- 80% hands-on – end-to-end project-based, overall split evenly between architecture, design, and implementation
- 20% leadership responsibilities, team collaboration, higher-level responsibilities
- Competitive Salary: Up to $220K/year, DOE
- Either “Staff” or “Principal” title – most senior member of the core platform team!
- Extremely competitive salary, coverage of family benefits, paid time-off, strong engineering culture, bonus
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit