Senior Data Engineer, Mobile Data Platform
Big data startup in SF is hiring a Sr. Software Engineer with Java, Hadoop, Scala, or Spark experience.
This person will building streaming pipelines to collect data from mobile devices at a high-scale. This is a flat company in which you will take on a solid amount of ownership over your work. You will be involved in end-to-end project-based work - including both architecture and implementation.
You will be involved in mentorship, team leadership responsibilities, and contribute to a positive company culture in which team members share responsibility, have fun, and enjoy coming to work.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of three years of professional development experience in Java - more importantly, fundamentally strong programmer with understanding of design, algorithms, and data structures
- Knowledgeable of Hadoop or Spark ecosystem
- Experience working in cloud-based environment - we use AWS!
- Experience with Kafka, Airflow, HBase, Redis, or similar tech
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience related to mobile data
- Experience in machine learning or fraud detection
Benefits & Perks
- Ground floor opportunity, ability to affect technologies and best practices for engineering group
- Opportunity to work at large scale on interesting data
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Great team environment and company culture
- Work life balance!