Mid Level Open Source Software Engineer - Python / Kafka / Data Ingestion
One of the fastest growing companies in the “Job Tech” industry is looking to expand its Cambridge, MA based software engineering team. This team builds a platform that analyzes huge amounts of data to allow for specific job recruitment targets. For example – one of the largest logistics companies in the world is using their platform because they have 200 open positions for drivers in Western Tennessee. Once the platform identifies top targets based on complex search algorithms it then proactively recruits them in a variety of ways
The part the makes this position attractive but challenging is the size and scope of the system. We are talking 2 billion events daily. These means you need to have really strong fundamental understanding of modern software engineering.
Required Skills & Experience
- You should have 2+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- You should have extensive OOP experience with Python, Ruby or another modern language
- You should be excited about working in an agile / TDD focused environment
- You should enjoy wearing multiple hats – maybe you’re open to learning DevOps
- You should be excited by the idea of solving complex large scale problems
- A computer science degree would be a big plus
Benefits & Perks
This is a full time on site position in the Kendall Square office. It comes with a competitive base salary as well as a stock options plan that is still very much in its “lucrative” stage. It also comes with health, dental, vision etc. In addition the office is brand new – we are talking last month- and it comes with all the perks of working at a growth stage tech company in Cambridge, MA