Director of Mobile (iOS)
A leading digital media company is hiring for a Director of Mobile Engineering. The company has built a mobile platform for mobile app publishing with clients including The Wall Street Journal and NY Post.
You will be the Lead/Director of the iOS team, made up of 12 mobile engineers from Spark Digital. The engineers are broken into pods working on 1 the core mobile platform 2 the client apps (there are 10 new companies they are building apps for). You will be responsible for propriety platform work as well as on-boarding new clients. This includes their mobile SDK which is in early stages. You will help formalize and develop this SDK.
This role is a 6 month contract to hire position. The contract can pay 100 – 110/hr (with below benefits) and after 6 months is eligible to flip to a full time role!
Required Skills & Experience
- Previous experience managing mobile teams of 5 or more
- Ability to be hands on with iOS Swift (although this role will be heavily managerial)
- Good mobile documentation skills
- Team management including sprint planning, daily stand ups, keeping a tight handle on team organization, working closely with the project managers
Desired Skills & Experience
- Agile experience
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% iOS/Swift
- 20% Hands On/Architecture
- 80% Management Duties (sprint planning, working with team of 12)
- Competitive Rate: 80/hr - 110/hr
You will receive the following benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Medical insurance
- Paid sick time
- HSA Savings account
- Transit benefits and discount