A UX Designer is needed for a Big Data Analytics Software Company located in a beautiful new office out in Silicon Valley. This company is working on a building and designing a console for all a company’s live data allowing self-service data access for all users. This console will give users full visibility of their data, data source, and usage information. It would also allow users to manage and administer everything from one united console.
This role is an exciting chance to really make an impact in the design industry!
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Design, HCI, CS, or related field.
- 2-7 years of experience with proven delivery of enterprise products.
- Experience designing and delivering web applications.
- Experience designing for technical domains (e.g., databases or network management).
- Experience following design guidelines for UX architecture, interaction, and visuals.
- Deep experience with the rigorous creation, implementation, and maintenance of design systems and components.
- Trained intuition in the contextual suitability of design patterns, design methodologies, and design deliverables.
- Effective skills in leadership, communication, and collaboration with design, product, and engineering teams.
- Portfolio with a strong track record of executing the design process in practice, including iterations and missteps.
- Have ability to prioritize work strategically and tactically. Do so for both your personal workload, and to help the product and management team prioritize by balancing user requirements against design and development resource constraints, marketing and sales requirements, and company goals.
- Passion for exploring and solving data-related design problems.
- Empathy for users and other stakeholders, including the company’s team members needing to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Sketch, Invision, JIRA, and Confluence.
- Devoted appreciation for the art of persuading non-design teams of design’s relevance to long-term strategic goals.
- Articulate and personable with strong spoken and written language abilities
What You Will Be Doing
- Design SaaS web applications for enterprise--UX architecture, interaction, and visuals. Initially for desktop, but possibly mobile in the future. (You will help to decide whether and how to extend to mobile.)
- Create, follow, evangelize, and enforce UX design guidelines and best practices.
- Document designs across a range of fidelities and media from crude hand drawings through detailed Sketch drawings, manually manipulated interactive paper prototypes through interactive InVision prototypes, text documents, and JIRA issues.
- Research and design the underpinnings of user interfaces: Requirements, Task flows and User definitions of objects used in those flows
- Evaluate requirements, task flows, and user interfaces at multiple stages in their design and development.
- Collaborate closely and iteratively with users, other design team members, product managers, developers, tech writers, quality engineers, marketers, salespeople, and high level managers, to do all the above.
- Collaborate in an Agile-like, startup company environment.
- Help evolve the company environment to be more structured and disciplined as is warranted progressively by increasing numbers of products, products’ requirements, and company size.
- Competitive Salary: Up to $150k/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.