Senior DevOps Engineer
The Sr. DevOps Engineer will assist the developers, whom build applications or websites, and will build the platform on which the applications are hosted. The DevOps engineer will provide solutions to the development team and client. DevOps Engineers will prepare CI/CD automation solutions on various cloud arrangements and will contribute to functions which are not limited to security, architecture, configuration, release management, design, tuning, and continuous improvement of systems. The goal is to have engineers who have a passion for automation.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with Linux Systems Administration, Engineering, & Scripting
- Established computing experience supporting Linux Systems in a virtualized environment.
- Background in complex web application environments, including but not limited to CMS platforms, such as Drupal.
- Experience with DevOps practices, such as release management, configuration, and automation.
- Knowledge and capability to script in modern scripting languages, such as PHP, Pearl, Python, and Ruby.
- Exposure to monitoring tools
- Background in various Configuration Management Products, such as Chef, AWS Cloud Formation, and Puppet.
- Substantial problem-solving skills with a capacity for strategic and associative thinking, decision making ability, and an investigative mindset.
- Experience with various open source technologies and tools
- Knowledge of CI/CD in the software engineering course and can clearly determine how a DevOps/ Systems Engineer facilitates these practices in partnership with the Development, Quality Assurance, and Technical Operations teams to drive business goals.
What You Will Be Doing
- Build solutions on various cloud platforms which are not limited to GCP, AWS, and Azure.
- Participate with development teams to produce new solutions which contribute scale, security, and efficiency, for software distribution.
- Collaborate with client IT organizations to produce consulting and solutions which achieve their infrastructure requirements on both private and public cloud platforms.
- Work with R&D and technical strategy on hosting solutions to prepare instructions for development teams.
- Continuous Delivery (CD), and Architect Continuous Integration (CI) provide procedures for the delivery of automated software.
- Prepare, when needed, Infrastructure Code (InfraCode) and arrangement.
- Contribute to development teams to establish containerized local development environments..
- Competitive Salary: Up to $140K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.