A product-based company is looking to add a Senior Microservices Engineer to join their platform team in Irving, TX. The company has nearly 4 million connected vehicles today, with ambitions to grow that number by 20 million additional devices in the next 5 years.
They’re a leader in the growing Connected Car and Internet of Things (IoT) technology categories. Ultimately, they help people and businesses through their vehicle intelligence devices that track, protect and gather data to provide the critical insights with easy-to-use dashboards and apps. They’re looking for people who want to help shape the future of Big Data and the Internet of Things. If you eat, breathe, sleep and exist for technology this is a team of like-minded individuals. There are plenty of challenges and opportunities to take on with the company and there’s never a dull moment in their ‘engineering-cave’.
They leverage various technologies but are ideally looking for someone who is adaptable and willing to leverage previous experiences to learn new things. The technology environment is robust and it will be important for someone who wants to make an impact and challenge themselves. They need engineers who are motivated to solve complex problems and be a ‘driver’.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong experience with consuming RESTful web services and API endpoints
- Engineering experience with JAVA, Microservices and Spring Boot
- Exposure working in a high availability Cloud, along with CI/CD experience
- Desire to work within an Agile development environment and iterative development, SCRUM, etc.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or similar
- Experience building best in class web applications for SaaS or platforms
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% OOP with JAVA
- 20% CI/CD
- 85% Server Side Development
- 100% Hands On
- 50% Team Collaboration
- 50% Individual responsibilities
- Competitive Pay: Up to $70/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 6 months, possible conversion
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit