The companies mission is simple: to innovate on retail with new technologies, to revolutionize how to approach digital commerce, and to deliver with speed and agility.
The Head of Design for Mexico establishes and drives the overall strategy for design, research and execution of our e-commerce properties. This is a senior-level role with significant responsibility, creativity, technical expertise, and business sense required. This role will be a key leader on our team and a peer to the heads of product management and technology.
You will work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, executives, and other designers throughout the product development lifecycle. The position requires a laser-like customer focus, a data-driven approach to design, and awareness of current and best practices for mobile and online UX design. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity, passionate about design, and able to drive design solutions with minimal direction.
Required Skills & Experience
- Masters Degree in Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Architecture, Business, or related field.
- 8 years experience in software design or related field.
- 6 years experience in eCommerce or related field.
- 2 years experience developing user experience solutions with agile methodology
- Fluent in Spanish is a huge plus.
What You Will Be Doing
- Recruit and develop extraordinary talent, by coaching, managing and mentoring a team of 10-15 associates across design, research and content.
- Establish and communicate effective design processes through a strong understanding of user-centered design techniques coupled with practical experience in how a design team should collaborate cross-functionally for maximum effectiveness delivering solutions.
- Juggle many objectives, as a consistent champion for the customer.
- Apply and further develop your experience in developing new approaches to design based on industry best practices, including agile and lean product development methodologies.
- Drive multi-channel user experience strategy and innovation with successful delivery of product roadmaps across 5 platforms & 4 brands
- Identify the need for analysis of customer behavior changes (for example, spikes in sales, revenues, traffic, abandonment, engagement)
- Gain strategic alignment within and across the organization
- Manage and approve prototypes, specification documentation and style guides.
- Provide overall design direction & full hands-on design work as needed, iteratively creating interaction flows, wireframes, visual, interactive prototypes, and detailed design specifications.
- Present design work to UX, Business, Product, and Engineering teams, as well as stakeholders and executive leadership and gain buy in on proposed approach
- Involves 30% travel
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.