Senior Data Engineer
An entertainment and gaming company located in Santa Monica is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join a team focused on building a cutting edge game analytics platform and tools to better understand their players and enhance their in-game experience.
The ideal candidate will be skilled in developing complex ingestion and transformation processes with an emphasis on reliability and performance. You will be working with a team of other engineers, database administrators, and developers. They are looking for an individual who will empower the team to deliver data driven insights and applications to company stakeholders.
Required Skills & Experience
- 6+ years of experience with ETL, data modeling, and business intelligence big data architectures
- 4+ years of experience with the Hadoop ecosystems (Map Reduce, Spark, Oozie, Impala, HBase, etc.)
- Expert in at least one SQL language
- 2+ years of developing and managing data warehouses on a terabyte or petabyte scale
- Experience with Python, Java or Scala programming languages
Desired Skills & Experience
- Dynamic Leader and Team player
- Knowledge of video game industry
- Strong problem solving skills and great sense of ownership of products
What You Will Be Doing
- 40% SQL on S3 Based Data Lake (Presto, Impala, Spark/SQL, Hive
- 40% Streaming ( Kafka, Kinesis
- 20% ETL (Spark Based
- 80% Hands On
- 20% Management
- Competitive Salary: Up to $150K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Possibility for Flexible work hours
- Remote/ Work from Home options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.