Software Development Manager / Ruby on Rails
A medical device company in Princeton, NJ that provides software tools for individuals affected by cognitive and language disorders is growing their Software team. Their interactive software gives individuals a personalized learning tablet with customized software to allow them to work on motor skills and verbal communication. Their embedded software coupled with their learning applications have helped millions of individuals achieve miraculous recoveries to better their lives.
Their application is written in full stack Ruby on Rails. They need a Leader to join the 4-person team to help continue the new development on these crucial applications. You will spend 60% of the time hands on coding and 40% delegating and performing code reviews. Understanding of AWS and cloud deployment is necessary. Additionally, you will be responsible for continuously affecting the vision of the product development.
Required Skills & Experience
- 1 years in a Leadership role, where you have managed mid and junior developers
- 5+ years of hands on production development with Ruby on Rails
- Exposure to firebase or serverless languages
- AWS and Cloud Deployment
- Ability to run code reviews
Desired Skills & Experience
- Exposure to native mobile development
- Previous work on cloud and mobile applications
- Ability to communicate with stakeholder
- Cross browser development
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Full Stack Development with Ruby on Rails
- 60% hands on
- 40% management
- Salary: Up to $130,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Excellent Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Above average paid time off and a relaxed work week
- Work from home days
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.