Big Data Engineer/Hadoop/Hive/C2H
Currently working with a well known electronics company located in Mountain view that is looking for Senior Big Data Engineers. As Big Data Engineer, you will work on building the next generation top security analytics platform. You will play a crucial role in building a platform to collect and ingest several billion (and growing) log events from the globally distributed security infrastructure and provide actionable insights to customers and security researchers. You will need to come in with an in depth knowledge of technologies like Hadoop, Hive, and Spark. Specifically must have the ability to explain hadoop optimization techniques.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of Python or Java development
- 3+ years of Hadoop and big data projects
- Fluent in writing shell scripts (python, bash, korn)
- Experience working with AWS (EC2, S3, SNS, SQS)
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Candidates must be local
Desired Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with Hadoop & Hive and other data processing frameworks such as Spark, Kafka, Storm and Elastic search
- Experience working with data processing infrastructure
- Experience with data serialization techniques and data stores for persisting events
What you will be doing
- You will design and create multi-tenant systems capable of loading and transforming a large volume of structured and semi-structured fast moving data
- Build robust and scalable data infrastructure (both batch processing and real-time) to support needs from internal and external users
- Competitive Pay: Up to $90/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 6 – 12 Months/C2H
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.