One of the most successful eCommerce companies in Boston is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join a new team building out an internal private cloud. This job provides an opportunity for developers to get more involved in DevOps and for current DevOps Engineers to progress into an Architect level position. You will be helping the team build out their cloud infrastructure that supports internal users and external clients.
Qualified candidates will work with Linux, Cloud computing - specifically AWS, automation, and ideally have experience working with Docker containerization (if not then you must work with virtualization). We are looking for candidates that have a strong software background (python or java) and want to work in a blended DevOps space or current DevOps/Linux Engineers with deep understanding of automation and cloud infrastructure.
Required Skills & Experience
· Linux Server experience (RedHat, CentOs, Ubuntu, Suse or other)
· In depth knowledge of configuration management tools, preferably puppet (Chef and Ansible are accepted)
· Experience with virtualization (vmware, hyper v, KVM)
· Experience working in a cloud environment (AWS, Openstack or GCE)
· Strong experience with scripting languages (Java, Python, Bash, Php etc..)
Desired Skills & Experience
· Exposure to containerization with Docker
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
· Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
· Paid Sick Time Leave
· Pre-tax Commuter Benefit