SQL QA Engineer
The client is hiring for Sr. SQL QA Tester. This person will be responsible for creating, evaluating and maintaining test plans and test cases for the current and upcoming projects for our ETL, Data Warehouse and Reporting. The position requires working directly with development teams, business analysts and PMO. Qualified candidates will have experience with all aspects of testing, define a strategy for testing new features and functionality.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of hands on experience in Web-based Software Quality Assurance in Agile development environment.
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and the role and responsibilities of QA team within.
- Ability to establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices.
- Ability to develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated)
- Capable to develop SQL database scripts (both simple and complex) to perform verification of SQL objects or non-relational quires and various data migrations.
- Experience using ETL tools to test data extraction, transformations and load processing.
- Experience with testing reports designed by reporting tools such as Tableau, Oracle Reports Services or Crystal Reports.
- Knowledge of programming languages, databases, and new technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good understanding of web technology and client server architecture and ability to troubleshoot server issues and identify problems.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details.
- Experience testing systems for performance and scale.
- Experience working with off shore resources.