Linux Systems Engineer (6 month contract to hire)
A subsidiary of a well-respected large multinational media firm is looking for a “jack of all trades” Linux Systems Engineer to join their team in Tysons Corner. The Linux Engineer will be working with a small collaborative team and supporting various applications that show global risk insight and insider financial threat detection using market-leading solutions.
Ideal candidate should be comfortable working with physical and virtual severs, have hardware experience, and exposure or interest with working with AWS. This role is ideal for any Linux Engineer looking to gain automation and cloud experience while working at a well-known company.
Required Skills & Experience
- Linux Sys Admin experience
- VMware/Vsphere experience
- Ability to script
- Network connectivity understanding
- Ability to get a Top-Secret clearance down the road
Desired Skills & Experience
- AWS experience
- Storage or Backup device experience
What You Will Be Doing
- Supporting hundreds of Linux servers
- 70% virtualized environment
- Cisco devices
- Helping migrating infrastructure to AWS
- Competitive Salary: Up to $60/hr DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Motion Recruitment Partners is parent company to Jobspring Partners and Workbridge Associates, leading providers of IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.