Software Engineer (TS/SCI w/ Poly)
A top engineering services and technology solutions company in Chantilly is looking to add a software engineer to their team. They are open to candidates ranging from junior to senior level, but who hold an active TS/SCI clearance. This company strives to solve problems of global importance. Their mission is to make important, lasting contributions to the nation’s defense, security, and most technically challenging strategic problems. Founded by two retired Air Force engineers, they have achieved stable growth and have been recognized for their core values and commitment to their customers’ success. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated skill in either Java or C/C++, but developers with proficiency in other languages are welcome as well.
Required Skills & Experience
- Current TS/SCI (top secret SCI) eligibility is required. An active TS/SCI clearance is desired.
- B.S. in an engineering, computer science, software engineering, or mathematics discipline.
- 1+ years of software engineering / development experience, to include recent experience in agile software engineering environments
- You must have demonstrated skill in in at least one or more high-level programming languages (e.g. Java, C/C++)
- You should have an interest and some knowledge of one modern Big Data (e.g. Hadoop), ETL (e.g. NiFi), Data Science (e.g. MapReduce), or web framework (e.g. AngularJS) technology.
- You will work both independently and in a collaborative team environment, and meet required schedules and timelines.
- You will interact with data suppliers, work well with coworkers and teammates.
- You must have outstanding skills in communicating complex technical issues and in providing comprehensive written, oral and/or digital products (including document organization and technical writing).
- You must have good analytic skills and the ability to apply these skills in a multi-tasking environment where more than one project may require his/her participation at a given time (typically one primary project and one or two ancillary projects).
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Java development
- 100% Hands on
- Reporting to the Backend Engineering Manager
- Competitive Salary: Up to $140k/year, DOE
- You will receive the following benefits:
- Incentive stock options
- A full range of health, dental and vision benefits starting day one
- Flexible “Personal Time Off (PTO)”
- 10+ paid holiday days per year
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.