Junior DevOps Engineer/DBA experience
A large IoT and location-based technology company located in Boston is looking to bring on a Junior DevOps Engineer to their growing team.
They’ve created a location-based application that figures out hot spots in certain locations. For example, they figure out how many people are trying to use the internet in certain spots, and then decide if they should build a cell tower. As a DevOps Engineer you’ll be responsible for all functions; development, support, and operations. They are primarily a chef shop, so experience with chef is ideal, but they are open to puppet or ansible. The ideal candidate will have a strong DBA background, and have experience working with MySQL and PostgreSQL. They have a great company culture, and looking for a DevOps Engineer who is willing and excited to learn new technology.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 1 year experience working as a DevOps Engineer
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience
- Scripting experience in python, java, bash
- Chef for configuration management
- CI with Jenkins or Spinnaker
- Kubernetes for containerization
- Strong DBA experience
- Monitoring experience and ticketing
Desired Skills & Experience
- Working in a Linux environment
- Upbeat and willing to learn
- Working with APIs
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% development and design
- 50% deploying to AWS
- 100% Hands on
- Competitive Salary: Up to $75K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance, Vision, and Dental
- Flexible work hours
- Paid sick times
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Company activities
- Flexible work hours
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.