Senior System Engineer / Plano Texas / AWS / Azure
This automotive company located in Plano loves people who think big and have a passion for building exciting initiatives. The company’s mission will be connecting all their vehicles to promote safer driving and deliver value added services to their customers. They are going to create a global big data platform and analyze data to create a safer and richer driving experience.
They are looking to bring on a Senior Systems Engineer who is passionate about operations, in a fast-paced, and innovative environment. This individual will be responsible for not only establishing standard, but also deploying monitoring, logging, and alerting across product teams. This is a progressive and collaborative DevOps environment; therefore, it is essential that not only the skillset, but also the personality match such an environment.
Required Skills & Experience
- Work with product owners to define alerting processes
- Work with product owners to define ticketing posture
- May maintain and support ecosystems operating on AWS and Azure
- Delivering solutions and observability in a complex environment, including fixed wireline networking, wireless, with distributed systems and applications
- Solve new and challenging technical issues. You do not need to know everything, but you need to know how to find the solution.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Datadog, AppDynamics, Elastic, or other similar toolsets
- Experience with REST API development a Plus!
- Experience scripting with Python, Bash, Powershell, or related a Plus!
- Prior or current experience in software development a Plus!
- Fluency in Linux and Windows system administration
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment a plus
What You Will Be Doing
- 40% Powershell
- 30% Python
- 30% Linux/Windows System Administration
- 50% Hands On
- 50% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Pay: Up to $145k/yr, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Work from home flexibility
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.