Lead Ruby on Rails Engineer
Are you looking for a Senior/Lead Ruby on Rails role with great stability and huge potential for upward mobility? A SaaS company in the medical industry is building out an office in River North as they have a geographically displaced team with a brand-new office here in Chicago. While you wouldn’t be the only person in the office, you’d be the very first hire here in the Chicago office on the Ruby on Rails team. As the team and office grows, you’ll have an extremely strong look towards rapid growth in responsibilities and career growth!
This organization is looking for a lead Ruby on Rails Engineer for a partially that has advanced experience building enterprise software applications in Ruby on Rails, scaling applications with an extremely large data sets. This is a role that will involve high level of collaboration and problem solving. If you are looking for a role at a company with a great company culture, flexibility and challenging technology, this is a great opportunity for you!
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of Object Oriented Development with 1 or multiple languages
- 1+ years of professional working experience developing in Ruby on Rails.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL (MySQL, PostGres, MS SQL, etc.)
- Solid understanding of Design Patterns
- Excitement and understanding of start-up style culture
- Experience working within small team environments with a great deal of autonomy
- Professional experience with dynamic languages and agile methodologies
- Ability to work in large ever-expanding data sets
- Experience with the following or similar tech stack: Ruby, Rails, MySQL, Elasticsearch
Desired Skills & Experience
- Huge plus for experience working with ElasticSearch (the more knowledge the better)
- Experience with test-driven development and distributed systems
- Working knowledge working in a cloud based environment (AWS)
- Experience with the full ELK Stack (Elastic Search, Logstash, Kabana)
What You Will Be Doing
- 20% Front-End
- 40% Middle Tier
- 40% Back-end
- 80% Development
- 20% Architecture
- Full-stack software design and development
- Data modeling and querying at scale in MySQL and Elasticsearch
- Prioritize to ensure delivery of high quality software as quickly as possible
- Competitive Salary: 120-160k
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Equity options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.