Senior Data Engineer / BioTech
This company was one of the first to leverage AI/Machine Learning for Life Sciences. The engineering team invented deep learning neural networks for structure-based small molecule drug discovery and is currently deploying it in one of the largest applications of machine learning for life sciences. They partnered with 4 of the top-10 US pharma companies and are looking to bring on a Senior Data Science Engineer. You will be contributing to the design and development of data pipelines for machine learning. You will also have the opportunity to analyze and inform our ML directions for drug discovery research.
Required Skills & Experience
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Cheminformatics, Bioinformatics or Computational Biology
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- 5+ years of experience in database engineering, data processing pipelines, and High Performance Computing
- Strong coding skills in at least one high-level programming language Python
- Good familiarity with Linux command-line environment
- Experience in bioinformatics or cheminformatics
- Experience working with scalable algorithms utilizing large amounts of data
- Experience with AWS Environments
- Experience with non-relational databases
- Familiarity with organic chemistry
- Python, SQL, AWS,
- Build out data pipelines to bring in data from new sources
- Help scale existing data pipelines by leveraging Big Data Technologies
- Identify trends in Data with Machine Learning
- 100% Hands-on
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Stock compensation plan
- Platinum health, dental, and vision benefits.
- 401k with 4% match.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Generous parental leave.
- Relaxed work environment.
- Great colleagues
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.