Junior DevOps Engineer
An alternative financial services company located in Syosset, Long Island is looking to hire a Junior DevOps Engineer. This is a full-time, on-ste role and can pay up to $110k dependent on experience
This company has been around for 50+ years and has a huge presence in NYC - handling more than 19 million transactions annually.
A year ago the DevOps team started a huge transformation project to migrate their “on-prem” infrastructure into AWS and implement new "DevOps" technologies. The team currently is working with Kubernetes in production (EKS), microservices, Terraform for infrastructure-as-code and Jenkins for CI/CD.
Their ideal candidate has some experience working in an AWS environment, can script (in Python, Java, OR Node.js), has had exposure to Terraform and is eager to learn more about DevOps.
Required Skills & Experience
- 1-2 years in a Systems/DevOps Engineer position
- AWS cloud experience
- Familiarity with Terraform (personally or professionally)
- Scripting for infrastructure experience (Python, Java or Node.js preferred)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Kubernetes is a big plus
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins ideally) is a big plus
- Competitive Salary: Up to $110K/year, DOE
- Full benefits - medical, dental, 401k, etc
- Some work from home flexibility (1 day/week)