Capacity Planning Engineer
This company has modernized the way inmates stay connected with their family and friends with their superior technology services. They are the largest inmate communications provider, helping to maintain those important relationships through easy to use inmate calling options and video visitation from anywhere using Apple or Android smartphones, tablets or PCs.
This role is responsible for evolving the company’s capacity model proactively manage capacity growth and provide usage/ limitation/ requirement metrics. Maintain Capacity Dashboard, Reports and KPIs. Develop "what if" scenarios to analyze performance, capacity, and forecast future growth to augment infrastructure as needed. They will interface with architecture, operations, and product teams as well as executive leadership and requires an individual that is able to use data driven analysis to influence outcomes and to work independently.
This company is looking for someone with excellent presentation skills who can effectively interact with a variety of internal and external constituencies. This person should have strong analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve measurement and data issues.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in performance engineering or capacity engineering
- Experience in coding & scripting languages such as R, Batch, PHP, Python, Perl and Bash scripting
- Experience in querying MSSQL, MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Pervasive and Oracle Databases
- Experience with metric protocols such as SNMP/MiBs, WMI/Perfmon, and proprietary Restful APIs such as Elastic
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience in Capacity & Performance Analysis
- Create SolarWinds Orion monitoring templates with scripts
Desired Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with virtual environments such as Hyper-V.
- Familiarity with Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance requirements
- Familiarity with Voice over IP communication platforms
- Familiarity with Enterprise IT Applications and systems
- Familiarity with multi-data center applications and systems
- Moderate level of experience with networking gear; SBCs, F5 load balancers, ASA Firewalls
- Familiarity with an AIOps platform leveraging machine learning, analytics and big data technologies
- Familiarity creating SolarWinds/Orion monitoring templates with scripts
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% Scripting
- 60% SolarWinds/ Orion
- Predict capacity growth based on statistical modeling and identifies infrastructure/software augmentation/enhancements as needed
- Generate monthly capacity dashboard/reports
- With IT capacity, performance, planning and forecast experience, analyze resource usage to identify existing or potential constraints, and resolve related performance problems
- Assists with development and testing of performance measurement tools
- Influence partnerships with other team members to pull rounded view of customer experience and plan of action to address issues and opportunities
- Create and maintain capacity SharePoint site and reports
- Identify gaps and define key metrics required for analytics and trending, develop criteria to measure opportunity and risk, and establish process to provide continuous oversight
- Competitive Pay: Up to $70/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 3 – 6 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.