Senior Java Developer
A leading freight transportation company is seeking for a Senior Java Developer to join their technical team in Dallas! The candidate will be responsible in leading a team in a project that will enhance the operation of the rail network as well as increasing train velocity and throughput. The individual must be comfortable in architecting and implementing these solutions in a JVM environment. You will have the opportunity to lead your own team and work and collaborate closely both with technical and business employees, as well as external stakeholders.
The successful candidate must understand Mathematical algorithms, Graph theory and the implementing these algorithms. You are required to be able to work with various GUI frameworks, both web and thick client as well as complex back-end algorithms. We are looking for an individual who is comfortable working with automated testing and deployments of applications, as well as innovative in researching and recommending solutions based on the industry’s current best practices. This is a contract-to hire-role with intention of being a permanent employee. US and Green Card holders only.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to understand Mathematical algorithms, Graph theory, and the implementation of these algorithms
- Ability to work various GUI frameworks, both web and thick client, as well as complex back-end algorithms
- 10+ years of JVM language development experience using Java, Groovy, etc.
- Strong user interface design and implementation skills in Java, Grails, Play, Spring Boot, and Gradle
- Experience in RabbitMQ, TIBCO JMS, and Kafka
- Experience with No SQL databases like Cassandra
- Experience in testing methodologies using frameworks such as Junit, Spock testing framework, etc.
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Architecture & Algorithm implementation
- 20% Full-Stack Engineering
- 100% JVM environment
- 70% Hands On
- 15% Management Duties
- 15% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Pay: Up to $50/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 6 months – conversion to permanent employee
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.