Senior Software Engineer/Cloud Services for Home Automation
The Global Leader in Hardware and Software Systems for home and corporate security is expanding it's reach with their product based Home Automation and Protection Start-up located in Greater Philadelphia. They are hiring a Lead Java Software and Cloud Engineer to take their systems and products to the next level, and can pay at or above market standard for the right fit.
This is an excellent opportunity to flex your Development, Architecture, and Engineering muscles while leading a team through hands on work and mentorship. You will have a chance to work on Greenfield Projects, New Development, and influencing the strategy of their software teams.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5 years plus in Designing and Developing Distributed Services in Java
- Experience with Spring Boot framework
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related Technical experience in professional capacity
- 2-4 years working in Linux
- Experience with Web Services: REST, SOAP, WebSockets, etc.
- Experience with Development tools such as GIT, JIRA, maven, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with Relational and Non-Relational Databases like SQL, NoSQL
- Experience with data storage systems: Key-Value, Document Store, etc.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Spring Frameworks
- Experience with Java Virtual Machine- Scala, etc.
- History working with multiple platforms across web, desktop, mobile, and embedded systems
- Ansible and Scripting is a plus
- Shell Scripts, Cloud Services, Server Metrics
- Load Testing, Network protocol analysis
What You Will Be Doing
- 80-90% Java
- 10-20% Cloud Deployment/DevOps
- 80% Hands On
- 10% Management Duties
- 10% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $140k
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) with match
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Flexible and/or Alternative Work schedules
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit and Gym Benefit
- Maternity and Paternity Leave Program
- Bonuses based on merit
- Opportunity to work in a modern and fast paced product development and software engineering environment
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and