Engineering Manager / Java
A disruptive financial services company in Plano, Texas is looking for an Engineering Manager to join their development team and help guide their rapid expansion. This is an exciting opportunity to take charge of a new team as the company continues to enhance their market share through their online payment integration platform.
The ideal candidate for this role will have at least 10 years of professional experience in software development and SOLID/DRY principles as well as, hands on experience with – Java, Microservices, AWS, Web APIs, and CI/CD. Additionally, advanced experience with architecture and design of backend systems is a must have. This is a unique role that will give you the chance to help influence the direction of the projects, team, and even company!
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of professional experience in software development and SOLID/DRY principles
- Experience with Cloud technology – AWS preferred
- Knowledge of automating CI/CD pipeline
- Proficient understanding of architecture and design responsibilities
- Excellent communication – written and verbal
- Ability to guide a team – keeping quality, efficiency, and innovation in mind
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- Any background working in an e-commerce or financial services environment or industry
- Prior experience running large-scale projects or leading a team with multiple members
What You Will Be Doing
- 90% Back-End vs. 10% Front-End
- 20% Coding vs. 80% Architecture/Design responsibilities
- 50% Hands On
- 50% Management and Leadership
- Competitive Salary: Up to $155K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Performance Bonus
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.