Sr. UI/UX Designer / North Dallas
An established Information Technology company in the North Dallas area is looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer. This technology firm provides GPS tracking and monitoring software to companies across the globe, in hopes of eliminating any problems they have with asset management.
The ideal person for this role is more of a true UI/UX Designer that works directly with Product Management and end-users to research and designs multiple solutions, gathers feedback and then refines that feedback before review with developers. Strength in actual UX process of developing persona's, creating mock-ups, running design and feedback sessions with Product Management, etc.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding company, that is monopolizing their industry, as a high level senior contributor! This person will also have an impact on the company’s short and long-term decisions/goals.
Required Skills & Experience
- 6+ years of product design, including user experience, interaction, and visual design. Must have experience with customer usability research and testing
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Design, or a related field, and/or equivalent demonstrable work experience
- Must have experience with web-based software applications, and mobile applications
- Experience reading and creating HTML, CSS and other equivalent languages as needed
- Experience using design / wireframe software as needed, including (but not limited to): Illustrator, Sketch, Photoshop, and/or Balsamiq
- Experience working with Scrum/Agile projects
- MS Excel Spreadsheet software, MS Word Processing software and MS Power Point software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong customer service, and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented, able to work independently without direction and have strong problem-solving skills
- Must be willing to travel approximately 20%
What You Will Be Doing
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and developers
- Apply creative solutions to address ambiguous, large, complex problems and projects
- Work with identified end-users to gather feedback on applications and features
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and prototypes
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, icons and widgets
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how applications function and appear
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches, other elements)
- Prepare and present rough prototypes to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness, ease of use, total clicks)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Help in the creation of acceptance criteria by writing user stories, or other agile artifacts as needed
- Help identify and create a library of design elements to maintain consistency across platforms
- Help document, determine and adhere to style standards on fonts, colors, layouts, and images
- Help in creation of marketing graphics
- Help lead the usability portion of any certification process
- Competitive Salary: Up to $130K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.