Java Developer / AWS / Fin-Tech
Our client is looking for a Junior-mid level Java Developer to join their team in Midtown, NYC!
They are a fast growing, venture-backed Fin-Tech startup. They provide socially-responsible, low-cost credit to U.S. employees offered as a voluntary benefit through their employers. They were founded in 2013 by a team of serial entrepreneurs with deep experience and expertise in the finance industry- and have since become the leading provider of personal loan financing solutions at the workplace, catering to employers that run the gamut from Fortune 500 companies and small businesses, to non-profits and governments. They are a dynamic, ambitious, and hard-working team that is redefining financial wellness for working Americans.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and various design and architectural patterns, including concurrency patterns
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, CRUD/REST, and multi-tier architecture
- Experience with relational database(s) and proficiency in SQL
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux operating system
- BS or MS in computer science
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proficient understanding of and/or experience with SCM tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant, Maven, and/or Gradle
- Familiarity with popular Java frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate
- Familiarity with basic markup languages, such as HTML, XML, and Json
- Familiarity with basic integrative protocols, such as HTTP, FTP, SSH/SCP, JMS, SMTP, and JDBC
- Familiarity with basic security concepts, such as SSL/TLS, OAuth, encryption
- Familiarity with basic cloud concepts, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop and maintain highly-performant, scalable subsystems and decision engines that allow us to stay nimble in the fast-paced and evolving business of consumer lending and employee benefits
- Work across multiple layers of product infrastructure, including: relational database development, low-level protocol integrations, ETL operations and automation, SaaS/PaaS cloud integrations, and limited frontend development. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential.
- Execute architectural designs from Senior Engineers by writing efficient, reusable, and reliable source code in Java -- and other languages where applicable, e.g. SQL for RDBMS development
- Competitive Salary: Up to $125K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.