VP of Technology
An eCommerce company located Downtown Toronto by Union Station is looking for VP of Technology to scale the team and move the needle regarding technology innovations. The company is planning to move towards a more agile environment and they are looking to partner up with this director in making it happen. This is an opportunity to not only be in a management position but to also have a say in the direction of where the company is going as well as lead and mentor a team. The successful candidate must have experience creating road maps and strategies to take the technology aspect of the company to the next level, essentially bridging the gap between the developers and business strategy in the eCommerce space.
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of software development and/or related field within an eComm or digital industry
- 5+ years of experience leading and coaching an infrastructure team of 4-5 people
- 4+ years of managerial experience, leading a team of Architects, Project Managers, Engineers
- Strong experience building out cloud infrastructures in AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Prior cloud architecture experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- Coming from or worked in a startup work environment
- Domain experience working in the eCommerce industry
What You Will Be Doing
- 70% Strategic Mapping and Management Duties
- 30% Hands-on
- Competitive Salary: Up to $250,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Statutory vacation
- 4 weeks of paid vacation and sick days
- 20% performance bonus
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits coverage
- Opportunity to shape company’s direction and mapping
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.